Returning & New Officials Update
2021-22 Season Update:
- Hockey University (Officiating 1/2)
NEW Officials Clinics:
- The online course (modules) for NEW officials is NOW available for registration on the new Hockey Canada Registry Website.
- All NEW officials will be required to complete this course before being eligible to register for a new officials’ certification clinic.
- Registration for Hockey University can be found HERE or by visiting:
- We expect to open the clinic host request intake form at the Start of SEPTEMBER and advise MHAs to plan their clinic delivery for some time after September 24, 2021.
- Further information will be provided once we are able to begin taking clinic requests.
- As previously communicated, clinics for NEW officials will be delivered in-person.
- All curriculum for NEW officials’ clinics will be provided to the MHA RIC upon the creation of their registration link.
- All curriculum material is pre-recorded in two (2) available formats:
- YouTube Playlist (which will require an internet connection during the clinic) or,
- Via OneDrive files, which will have each individual pre-recorded module in downloadable mp4 format for offline delivery.
- Instruction: MHA RICs or a Senior official appointed by the MHA RIC will be eligible to deliver the clinic to the NEW Officials.
- Upon requesting to host a NEW officials’ clinic, an instructor must be identified and that instructor will be eligible to submit a $65.00 honoraria to BC Hockey, upon the conclusion of the clinic.
- MHAs will also receive a $7.50 host grant for each clinic registrant to assist in covering costs of hosting the clinic.
- All officials with previous Hockey Canada Officiating experience are considered ‘Returning officials’ and are eligible to participate in a re-certification clinic.
- ALL re-certification clinics for returning officials will be delivered virtually for the 2021-2022 season.
- Clinic registrations will be open in the coming week and delivery will begin as early as September 4 until December, 2021.
- Once posted, clinics will be available HERE for registration.
- All officials that were registered during the 2020-2021 season have received a credit of $74.00 on their Hockey Canada Participant account, to apply towards their registration for the 2021-2022 season at the point of checkout.
- NOTE: Officials that registered as U9 officials in 2020-2021 ($26.25) have received a credit in the amount paid last season ($26.25)
- NOTE: Officials that registered in 2020-2021 but did NOT pay the Participant Assessment fee (insurance) and were not registered as a player or team official have received a $50.00 credit.
- ALL officials that were registered during the 2020-2021 season are currently eligible to officiate games. They WILL be required to attend a clinic this season but do not have to do so before going on the ice.
- Any officials that were NOT registered during the 2020-2021 season but have previous Hockey Canada Officiating experience, will be eligible to attend the online re-certification clinics but they WILL be required to pay the standard registration rates and applicable participant assessment fee (if necessary).
- In early August information was circulated identifying all the officials that require a NEW Criminal Record Check (CRC). As a reminder, these CRCs are required prior to registration for a clinic. The process to complete these is outlined HERE
- We are continuing to work with HiSport on preparing the assigning function of this platform for use at the Minor Hockey level.
- We anticipate to be able to provide resources and training sessions in Late September to early October.
Officiating Development Team
The following individuals are well-experienced members of the officiating community and will be making up our development team, working hard on mentoring CMHA’s officials.
Please come forward with any questions or concerns you may have.
Please note there is a wait list due to high volumes of interest.
Wade Martz - Referee in Chief email@example.com
Matthew Waldock - RIC Coordinator