TITLE: Office Administrator
Post Date: February 23, 2021
Close Date: March 1, 2021
Start Date: March 15, 2021 or sooner
Apply to: President@chilliwackminorhockey.com
Chilliwack Minor Hockey Association (CMHA) is a Non-Profit Association supporting the growth and development of Youth Hockey Players and Developing Coaches in Chilliwack British Columbia.
A full time, permanent, multi-function position that includes reception and administrative work such as data entry, Ramp registration website management and Hockey Canada Registry tasks. As Office Administrator you will need to be able handle multiple tasks at any given time with ease and calm. The position also requires exceptional customer service, confidently greeting and assisting membership whether it is on the phone or in person.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform reception duties including answering phone and greeting visitors when needed.
- Ensure that all files and records are always kept neat and orderly. This includes general filing.
- Perform any necessary errands as needed including mail pick up, banking, office supply purchases.
- Process and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail daily.
- In charge of weekly office cleaning
- Prepare the registration package for the forth coming season in Ramp and ensure that registration emails with registration details and reminders are sent to the families of all players registered during the previous season.
- Post/update registration details on the website and social media accounts as needed.
- Make sure all registration policies such as CMHA Hockey Fund, 3rd party funding and refunds are up to date for new season.
- Complete ‘PCAHA Registration Certificate” process and all applicable documents for all new registrants.
- Complete ‘Player Movement’ forms if the player previously played for another Association, ensure that all PCAHA player movement requirements are fulfilled.
- Where required, have the player’s parents provide proof of residence to verify compliance with the Residential Qualification.
- Keep and maintain permanent records for all registered players of the Association.
- Run registration reports for Divisional Directors prior to the season starting.
- Include all correct contact info for both parents.
- Maintain the register of players and team officials using the Hockey Canada Registry (HCR).
- Ensure all players are pre-registered in HCR prior to start of evaluation ice times to activate Hockey Canada insurance.
- Ensure that all players and team officials are registered on their respective team roster in HCR prior to the first scheduled league game.
- Maintain team rosters and ensure all roster changes (additions and releases) are recorded in HCR.
- Ensure that the Association complies with the Personal Information and Privacy Act.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Executive Board members and Board of Directors when help is needed.
- Manage receivables in Ramp, receiving payments, checking for bounced payments and following up with overdue accounts.
- Set up and manage payment plans.
- Track, record and reconcile monthly with receipts and invoices.
- Process sales through Ramp
- Monitor and Manage all team official, volunteers and board member credentials and keep up to date records.
- In charge of Criminal Record Check updating and uploading to HCR
- Office Administrator and/or a Customer Service Representative role with a minimum of three years of experience in either role
- Knowledgeable in our local hockey rules and regulations, administration procedures for all divisions, and association polices and protocols.
- Experience with working in the Hockey Canada Registry is an asset but not required.
- Requires strong computer skills with experience in MS Word, Excel an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong work ethic.
- Positive, friendly attitude.
- Strong administrative background
- Member in good standing with CMHA
- Able to work seamlessly with and collaboratively with volunteers from CMHA
- CMHA offices are located at the Sardis Sports Complex in Chilliwack, BC.
- Home office consideration will be discussed.
Hours & Pay:
- Standard 40-hour work week, on call on weekends and evenings as needed.
- Seasonal demands may require you to work weekends, and longer hours during certain times of the year.
- Returning Registration: May 1 to 31st
- New Registration: June 1 to 30th
- Season prep and Start up: August 15th to November 1st
- Compensation to be discussed further, based on experience.
- Contract will be for one year with potential for extension into multiple years.
Forward any applications or questions to: President@chilliwackminorhockey.com