CMHA Scholarship Information 2020/21
Welcome potential scholarship winners!
Chilliwack Minor Hockey Association (CMHA) annually awards three $500 scholarships to graduating
students who are registered with CMHA in their graduating year. The scholarship is awarded for
recognition of academic achievement and community/school service combined with hockey
Eligibility Criteria (ALL criteria must be met):
1. A current CMHA registered player in the Midget or Juvenile divisions who is in Grade 11,
Grade 12, or finished high school AND/OR a currently registered referee or team official who is
in Grade 11 or Grade 12 and who would be eligible to be registered as a player in the CMHA
Midget or Juvenile Divisions AND/OR a player who is eligible to play Midget or Juvenile divisions
in CMHA but is playing for an alternate team/association should this option not exist in CMHA
(eg. female Midget or Juvenile).
2. No outstanding suspensions.
3. Does not have outstanding fees.
3. Was registered with CMHA for at least four years.
4. Maintains a 70% or greater grade percentage average.
5. Has no less than 65% in any course.
6. Demonstrates a commitment to hockey as a player, official and/or coach.
7. Has completed greater than 30 hours of community volunteer work in the last three years.
Applicants MUST submit the following documents by March 31, 2021:
1. CMHA Scholarship Application Form.
2. A letter from the applicant stating why you deserve this award
3. Letter from school Principal, Vice Principal, or teacher
4. Copy of most recent school report card(s) stating grade point average
5. Letter of reference from:
- a Coach (when applicant is a player)
- Referee in Charge (when applicant is a referee)
To be considered, your Scholarship Application must be complete and must be received at the CMHA
Office on or before March 31, 2021 by 4:00pm. Incomplete and/or late applications will not be accepted.
Applicants who meet all the criteria (noted above) will be required to participate in a
short interview with the Scholarship Committee. The interview will comprise 30% of the applicant’s
overall score. The three highest scores determine the scholarship recipients.
From time to time, the board may vote to have more than three scholarships awarded in a season
depending on the strength of the candidates and the overall financial position of the association.
The recipients will receive notice of the award at the CMHA Annual General Meeting.
ADDITIONAL SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION FOR PCAHA: https://cloud.rampinteractive.com/chilliwackminorhockey/images/News/2019-2020-Bulletin%2013-Scholarship%20Program.pdf