Awards & Scholarships
CMHA Scholarship Information 2021 / 2022
Welcome potential scholarship winners!
Chilliwack Minor Hockey Association (CMHA) awards three scholarships annually to graduating students who are registered with CMHA in their graduating year. The scholarship is awarded based on hockey participation, academics, and community involvement.
Eligibility Criteria (ALL criteria must be met):
- A current CMHA registered player in the Midget (U18) or Juvenile (U21) divisions AND/OR a currently registered referee or team official who are in Grade 12. The scholarship is also available to a player who is eligible to play Midget or Juvenile divisions in CMHA but is playing for an alternate team/association should their option not exist in CMHA (eg. Female Midget).
- Any incomplete applications will not be processed, so please read the requirements carefully.
- Anyone with an outstanding suspension will not be accepted.
- Must have been registered with CMHA for at least four years or show proof of registration with another Hockey Canada Approved Minor Hockey Association for at least four years.
- Must maintain a 70% or greater grade percentage average.
- Must not have any less than 65% in any course.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to hockey as a player, official and/or coach.
- Must have completed greater than 30 hours of volunteer work in the last three years (this does not include any paid work).
Applicants MUST submit the following documents by March 31, 2022:
- Scholarship Application Form through CMHA, please send to email@example.com
- A letter from the applicant stating why they deserve the award.
- A letter of reference from the school Principal, Vice Principal or Teacher.
- A letter of reference from one of the following:
- Coach (when the applicant is a player).
- Referee in Charge (when applicant is a referee).
- A copy of the most recent school report card with current grades and average overall grade for the graduating year.
An interview may be required if the submitted applications are too close to decide based on the applications alone.
From time to time, the board may vote to have more than three scholarships awarded in a season depending on the strength of the candidates and the overall financial position of the association.
To be considered, your Scholarship Application must be completed and received by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or at the CMHA Office on or before March 31st, 2022 by 4:00 pm. Incomplete and/or late application will not be accepted.
The recipients will receive notice of the award at the CMHA Annual General Meeting.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
PRINTABLE SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
PCAHA also has a scholarship program as well, this can be applied for in addition to the CMHA scholarship. Please see below
ADDITIONAL SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION FOR PCAHA: PCAHA Scholarship