At Chilliwack Minor Hockey, we believe that no child should be unable to play due to financial restraints and that no family should suffer hardship in order for their child to play.
For those who could use some help in covering the costs of hockey, there are agencies that offer grants for hockey registration.
3rd party funding Options:
Athletics for Kids
Lace 'em Up
We understand that COVID-19 has affected many of our hockey families and we want to assure you that if 3rd party funding does not accept your application we are still offering a bit of relief to qualified applicants(see below).
Due to many generous people, CMHA events, and fundraising, we have some funds set aside to help. With these funds, we want to be able to help as many families as we can who are in need this season. The Hockey Fund is available to those who didnt qualify for other 3rd party assistance
FUNDING Eligibility - Chilliwack Minor Hockey Association
- Ages 4 - 18 years (U6 through U18).
- Funding covers only registration fees with consideration to fund equipment costs on a case by case basis.
- Rep fees will not be covered through CMHA hockey fund.
- Funding goes to individuals not teams.
- If requesting funding for more than one child, a separate form must be filled out per child.
- Full registration subsidy is not guaranteed and depends on the number of applicants and available funds per season.
- All players are required to register on Ramp by July 1st
- $150 deposit due July 1st
- The Payment plan option during registration must be selected by July 1st or fees paid in full in order to be considered. If your application is approved, you will be refunded for any fees paid up to the approved funding amount.
- The Hockey Fund cannot be used with other 3rd party funding grants received and is only available on its own. If you receive other funding after applying to the Hockey Fund the money received from the CMHA Hockey Fund will be returned to the Association.
Applications Accepted: May 1st to July 15th
***** Due to the potentially large amount of funding needed no applications will be accepted after July 15th (No exceptions) *****
Financial Assistance Form
Forms can also be picked up from the CMHA Office - by appointment only
Please note that all grants are only available for basic registration fees. Fees for skill camps, 'A' team tryouts, additional team fees, and equipment costs, are not covered by grants.
Do not hesitate to apply today.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to our Treasurer Sarah Stevens or Office Administrator Sara Pudwell.
Chilliwack Minor Hockey