Fundraising FAQs


Q:  Does our team require pre-approval for fundraising activities?

A:  Yes.  All teams are required to complete and submit a CMHA Fundraising Form and BC Hockey Special Events Sanction Form no later than 14 days in advance for any/all fundraisers.  Fundraising activities include but are not limited to: 50/50, raffles, toonie toss, pub nights, silent auctions, selling donuts/pies/meat, selling wreaths/trees. Raffling liquor is strictly prohibited as per BC Gaming.

Special Events Sanction

CMHA Fundraising Request Form


Q: When do we need a gaming licence?

A:  A team is required to obtain a Class D Gaming License for all raffles and bingos regardless of the location of the draw (eg. pubs).   Per BC Gaming, the maximum permitted price of tickets/bingo cards is $2.00 and the maximum permitted value per prize is $500.00. Teams can only apply for a Class D gaming license and must use the team name.  Under no circumstances can a team apply for a Class A gaming license nor apply using CMHA as the team name.

 Gaming License Application Manual

Q:  Do we need any other approvals if we are doing fundraising during our Pub Night?

A:  Yes.  You are still required to complete and submit a CMHA Fundraising Form and BC Hockey Special Events Sanction Form no later than 14 days in advance.  You are required to disclose the details of any/all fundraising activities planned during the Pub Night. If you are raffling gift basket(s) you will require a Class D Gaming License too.  NOTE:  under no circumstance can liquor be raffled but you may include liquor store gift cards.


Q:  Why do we need to complete BC Hockey Special Events Sanction Form?

A:  The purpose of sanctioning a special event is to extend Hockey Canada Insurance Program coverage such as Major Medical/Dental Coverage to activities that do not fall under regular hockey programming.  Special Event Sanctions are for usage of events such as dry land training, fundraisers and other activities outside of regular hockey programming. Not all activities are eligible for coverage.  Please refer to BC Hockey Special Event Sanction Guidelines for additional information regarding possible coverage eligibility of specific events.


Q:  What is required if we are doing an event that does not involve fundraising (eg. Chief’s Intermission, Team Social)?

A:  BC Hockey approval for a Special Event. Please complete and submit Special Events Sanction Form to BC Hockey.



RAMP Registration

Join thousands of association partners using RAMP Registration Solutions.

More Information

RAMP Official Assigning

#1 with Officials...for very good reasons.

More Information

RAMP Websites

Manage your identity from the palm of your hand to the top of your desk.

More Information

RAMP Team App

Keep your coaches, parents, athletes, and fans connected, seamlessly.

More Information