At Chilliwack Minor Hockey, we believe that no child should be unable to play due to financial restraints and that no family should suffer hardship in order for their child to play.
For those who could use some help in covering the costs of hockey, there are agencies that offer grants for hockey registration.
3rd party funding Options:
Athletics for Kids
Hockey Canada Assist Fund (Replaces Lace Em' Up)
Due to many generous people, CMHA events, and fundraising, we raise funds every season for our Chilliwack Minor Hockey 'Hockey Fund'. With these funds, we want to be able to help as many families as we can who are in need each season.
FUNDING Eligibility - Chilliwack Minor Hockey Association
- Ages 4 - 18 years (U6 through U18).
- Funding covers only registration fees with consideration to fund equipment costs on a case by case basis.
- Rep fees will not be covered through CMHA hockey fund.
- Funding goes to individuals, not teams.
- If requesting funding for more than one child, a separate form must be filled out per child.
- Full registration subsidy is not guaranteed and depends on the number of applicants and available funds per season.
- Funding is only available for players who don't apply to 3rd party funding companies such as KidSport, JumpStart, Lace' em Up and Athletics for Kids.
- The hockey Fund cant be used with other funding from 3rd party funding companies as per above
- All players are required to register on Ramp by May 31st
- $150 Deposit paid by May 31st
- To qualify for free registration draws
- Payment plan set up in Ramp by July 15th
- Registration and Deposit Deadline extended to July 15th (miss out on free registration draw) ***
Applications Accepted: May 1st to July 15th
***** Due to the potentially large amount of funding needed no applications will be accepted after July 15th (No exceptions) *****
Financial Assistance Form
Please note that all grants are only available for basic registration fees. Fees for skill camps, 'A' team tryouts, additional team fees, and equipment costs, are not covered by grants.
Do not hesitate to apply today.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to our Treasurer Sarah Stevens or Office Administrator Sara Pudwell.
Chilliwack Minor Hockey