At Chilliwack Minor Hockey, we believe that no child should be unable to play due to financial restraints and that no family should suffer hardship in order for their child to play.
For those who could use some help in covering the costs of hockey, there are agencies that offer grants for hockey registration.
3rd party funding Options:
- Funding is up to $300 per activity, subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands.
- Children can be funded for successive seasons in an activity, up to a maximum of $300 per activity.
- The annual maximum amount a child is eligible to receive is up to $600, subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands.
- All approvals will be determined by the local Jumpstart Chapter and designated Canadian Tire Jumpstart Regional Manager, and are subject to local demands and Chapter budgets.
- The Individual Child Grant system will open for the 2023 funding year on Monday, January 16, 2023.
Athletics for Kids - A4K
- Our new ceiling for a 12 month sports grant period will be $450 (single or multiple grants combined)
- We will be providing funding in increments to cover sports registration fees in order to avoid any overpayments if programs get postponed or canceled.
Hockey Canada Assist Fund
- The Hockey Canada Foundation Assist Fund was created in 2020 to provide financial support to Canadian youth who want to play hockey and break barriers.
- The fund will provide up to $500 per youth player in registration fee subsidies for financially-qualified applicants registered with a sanctioned Hockey Canada association.
- Canadians can also make a donation to the Assist Fund to support the game in their community. 100% of all donations will go to supporting access to hockey.
- The Hockey Canada Foundation Assist Fund will be open to receive applications between August 1 st , 2022 until November 15 th , 2022.
- Thanks to a generous donation from the Canucks for Kids Fund, eligible participants can apply for a grant of up to $500 toward their hockey registration fee. Note: this amount is higher than our usual $400 maximum grant for other sports, thanks to the support from the Canucks for Kids Fund.
- To note: families applying online only be able to apply for $400, but I can manually adjust the amount for applications to be approved before processing the application.
Please note that all grants are only available for basic registration fees. Fees for skill camps, 'A' team tryouts, additional team fees, and equipment costs, are not covered by grants.
Do not hesitate to apply today.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to our Registrar/Office Administrator
Chilliwack Minor Hockey